Become a Fellow: Application
It is essential to ensure that an application meets all the stated eligibility and criteria, includes all the required information, and specifically addresses all the questions in the candidate statement.
The AAAS Science & Technology Policy Fellowships are provided primarily as an educational opportunity. Fellowships are awarded to highly qualified individuals interested in learning about the science-policy interface while applying their scientific and technical knowledge and analytical skills to the federal policy realm. Please keep in mind:
- The fellowships are extremely competitive; a well-prepared candidate statement and carefully selected references are keys to a successful application.
- It is important to read the guidelines and instructions thoroughly, as well as the fellowship program area information.
- Developing a clear, comprehensive and competitive application takes significant time.
- Start early and contact your references as soon as possible.
- Applicants may apply for up to two fellowship
The online application for the 2014-15 fellowship year is now open.Visit our application website at https://fellowshipapp.aaas.org for more information. The deadline to apply is November 1, 2013.
Once the application is open, you can register your online application, work on it,
save it and come back to it at any time before final
submission. Note that you may apply for up to two fellowship
areas, and you must submit a separate application for
each fellowship area (both applications can be in process
at the same time).
Important! It is critical to give your references
enough time to write and submit a strong letter of recommendation.
We recommend that you register at least your personal
data and the contact information for your three references
right away (email is required). The online application
system will contact your references directly and provide
them with the instructions for completing and submitting
a recommendation letter for you. You can then track
online when your reference letters are received. The
system will send automatic reminders each week until
the letters have been submitted. Ultimately you are
responsible for ensuring the letters are received by
the deadline. Applications with fewer than
three recommendation letters will not be considered.